In winter 2016-2017, a Korilakkuma Café (コリラックマカフェ) was opened for a limited time in Japan and reservations were quickly booked out. The good news is that it’s back again for another run! If you are in Japan this May and June 2017, definitely take your chance, especially if you are a fan of this cute bear!
— Korilakkuma コリラックマ (@korilakkuma_15) April 28, 2017
This time, Korilakkuma Café is collaborating with HANDS CAFE (ハンズカフェ) under the title “Korilakkuma meets Chairoikoguma (コリラックマ meets チャイロイコグマ).” Koguma (こぐま) is a new character in the Rilakkuma (リラックマ) world and he just joined the family in March 2016 as a new friend of the small Korilakkuma.
The Korilakkuma x HANDS CAFE will offer an original menu and limited goods which you can only purchase there. The cafe will also be decorated according to the theme. One of four different lunch mats and one of six coasters will be randomly presented to visitors.
The Korilakkuma x HANDS CAFE offers three different main dishes for 1,500 yen each. You can also decide among three desserts ranging between 1,300 yen and 1,500 yen, and drinks between 700 yen and 900 yen. All these prices are tax inclusive.
- Chairoikoguma’s Gao~! Teriyaki Chicken Burger Plate (チャイロイコグマのがお～！てりやきチキンバーガープレート)
- Korilakkuma’s Flower White Curry (コリラックマのフラワーホワイトカレー)
- Korilakkuma’s Flower Field Octopus Rice (コリラックマのお花畑タコライス)
- Best Friends Strawberry Mountain Pancake (なかよしストロベリーマウンテンパンケーキ)
- Korilakkuma & Chairoikoguma’s Strawberry Parfait (コリラックマとチャイロイコグマのストロベリーパフェ)
- Best Friends Strawberry Milk Waffle (なかよしストロベリーミルクワッフル)
- Chairoikoguma’s Honey Wood Apple Smoothie (チャイロイコグマのはちみつの森のりんごスムージー)
- Korilakkuma’s Loved Berry & Berry Smoothie (コリラックマの大好きなベリー&ベリースムージー)
- Korilakkuma meets Chairoikoguma Cafe au Lait (コリラックマmeetsチャイロイコグマカフェオレ)
If you want to buy original goods in the cafe, there are many cute choices including keychains, tote bags, clear file folders, ball pens, glasses, and many more. Find an overview of all the goods with pictures and prices here (Japanese only).
This limited cafe will be opened at six HANDS CAFE locations around Japan, including Tokyo (東京), Osaka (大阪), Saitama (埼玉), Fukuoka (福岡), Kanagawa (神奈川), and Hyogo (兵庫):
- Tokyo – 5th floor, Tokyu Plaza (東急プラザ), Harajuku (原宿); a few minutes by foot from JR Harajuku Station
- Osaka – 10th floor, Tokyu Hands (東急ハンズ); next to Osaka Station (大阪駅)
- Saitama – inside the Cocoon City (コクーンシティ) shopping center; a few minutes’ walk from Saitama-Shintoshin Station (さいたま新都心駅) or Kita-Yono Station (北与野駅)
- Fukuoka – 5th floor, Fukuoka PARCO (福岡パルコ) at Tenjin Station (天神駅)
- Kanagawa – inside the Chuo-Rinkan Station (中央林間駅) building, which is connected by the Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line (田園都市線) and the Odakyu Enoshima Line (小田急江ノ島線)
- Hyogo – at Akashi Station (明石駅), next to the Akashi Castle (明石駅) grounds
Due to limited seat numbers, you have to make a reservation ahead at some of these cafes, including the ones in Tokyo and Osaka. At the Saitama cafe, you only need a reservation for the weekend. You can easily do it on the official website, which costs you 648 yen for each person. For this, you will randomly get one of three original microfiber towels on the day of your visit. Payment can be done by credit card or at convenient stores.
The Korilakkuma x HANDS CAFE will be running from May 16th to June 20th, 2017, the ones in Kanagawa and Hyogo start three days later on May 19th. Take a look there, enjoy some delicious food, and have a unique story to tell for the ones waiting back home!
Korilakkuma x HANDS CAFE Website *Japanese only
・100 Things to Do in Harajuku, the Fashion Capital of Tokyo, in 2018!
・97 Things to Do in Osaka, the Japanese City of Street Food, Culture, and Comedy, in 2018
・Relax and Feel Fresh in the Newest “No Makeup” Cafe in Shibuya