Cheap Places in Tokyo to learn Japanese?

Posted in: Language

GeeGee

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Hi everyone, I arrived in Japan 3 months ago and am staying here for at least a year. I’ve only got a part-time job at the moment – 3 days a week and the pay isn’t that great, but I really want and need to learn some Japanese to help make my life here a little bit easier and hopefully to meet a fun network of locals too.

Any ideas of community-based groups anywhere in the Tokyo area that teach Japanese for free or at a very low-cost? Any info would be greatly appreciated! :-D

(172.31.1.188)

IMmm

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:51 PM

I’m not sure of exact websites but I know there are a lot of sites where you can find conversation partners. It’s usually fairly affordable, but I’m not sure if it’s more people who are interested in learning English instead of teaching Japanese.

(172.31.26.101)

lovetokyo

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Geegee- where in Tokyo are you living at the moment? I currently go to community-based classes in Oomori at the Sanno Hall on Tuesdays from 10am – 12pm and Thursdays 7pm – 9pm. They suit all levels and are run by volunteers. Price ranges from 100 yen per class to 1000 yen per month. Very cheap and it’s a great way to network with other foreigners and the locals :) – hope that helps!

(172.31.12.105)

Poppy

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:47 PM

Wow that’s so cheap! Ones I’ve been looking at are around 6000 yen per class :( I might join your class haha

(172.31.3.224)
Reply To: Cheap Places in Tokyo to learn Japanese?
Your information: