Whether you’re visiting Japan for pleasure or business, having access to a fast Internet connection is a must. And when it comes to round-the-clock Internet availability, the country’s cozy cafes are among the best bet. Not only do they offer a comfortable venue for you to browse the Web, most, if not all, also provide the right amenities you’ll need for your stay.
“Manga kissa” or manga cafes are widespread in Japan, especially in cities like Tokyo, so you shouldn’t have any problems finding one. There are several notable manga cafe chains and they are usually located near train stations. If you are looking for a trusted place with numerous branches in different areas of Japan, then Manga Cafe GERAGERA should be your go-to pick!
Manga Cafe GERAGERA is the perfect place if you want to have some alone time, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Here is a list of the different amenities that you can expect at GERAGERA cafes:
- Private cubicles for privacy – You don’t have to worry about other people prying on you while browsing since you’ll have a personal cubicle complete with a desk, a computer, and a reclining chair.
- Soft drinks dispenser – This is usually situated in a common space where you, along with the other guests, can serve yourself with fresh and cool soft drinks. A variety of drinks are available so feel free to choose!
- Tea and coffee – Of course, a cafe will not be complete without the caffeine-packed beverages for all-nighters. Espresso or cappuccino?
- Easy-to-eat food menu – While you can’t expect to have those top-grade cuisines served at five-star hotels, GERAGERA pretty much has you covered in terms of keeping your hunger in check. Menu items include ramen bowl, pasta, and snacks.
- TVs and DVDs – If you feel like taking a break from web browsing, the facility offers you the next best relaxing alternative which is to watch movies. GERAGERA has tons of DVDs across different genres, however, there could be a limit to how many you can borrow at once so be sure to ask the staff beforehand.
- Lots of manga arranged in cabinets along the hall – Imagine walking right into a hallway where walls are made up of your favorite manga series. Well, that’s most likely the experience you’ll get considering how the manga are arranged in this cafe. You can grab a mini basket and stash your potential reads. The night is long.
Prices can differ from one branch to another, and it’s most likely affected by the store’s accessibility and the quality of amenities. Feel free to ask the staff for the different packages available before choosing one. If you’re a first-time visitor, a registration fee might also be necessary.
Also, keep in mind that the GERAGERA staff doesn’t speak fluent English (or any other non-Japanese language for that matter), so always be polite! Despite the language barrier, they will be more than happy to help you navigate your way through the cafe.
Visit GERAGERA’s website linked below and learn more about their service. And of course, enjoy your stay!
Manga Cafe GERAGERA Website *Japanese only
There are many branches, but we will introduce one of them here.