Summer is synonymous with soda drinks in Japan and there are many companies who are expected to draw the attention of consumers during this season. To coincide with the summer season, Coca-Cola Japan (日本コカ・コーラ) will be introducing five new limited edition bottles which will only be available in certain regions. These bottles will have exclusive packaging that gives pride to the country’s cultural heritages. Check them out!
The Coca-Cola Company is a very popular beverage company around the world. In Japan, the biggest bottler is Coca-Cola East Japan, Inc (コカ･コーライーストジャパン株式会社). It was established on July 1, 2013, through the merger of four bottlers. It also integrated with Sendai Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Ltd. (仙台コカ･コーラボトリング株式会社) on January 1, 2016. Coca-Cola East Japan serves the Kanto (関東) and Tokai (東海) regions and sells over 50 kinds of the most popular beverages across the country. Its mission is to create a new world of beverages while its vision is to become one by contributing to all stakeholders through sustainable growth.
When it comes to the beverage industry, Coca-Cola is the number one in Japan considering its brand, market share, customer satisfaction, quality, and sales capabilities. The company continues to create a mutually beneficial relationship with the community. It is also considered the best place to work where positive attitude nurtures personal development in order to help the company grow. The birth of Coca-Cola East Japan greatly shows the unrelenting drive of the Coca-Cola Company to grow.
— PR TIMESグルメ (@PRTIMES_GOURMET) June 13, 2017
Last spring 2017, Coca-Cola Japan released a limited edition sakura (桜)-themed bottle. The bottle looked pretty with a sakura design which was apt to the country’s atmosphere where cherry blossoms spread out.
This time, for the upcoming summer season, Coca-Cola Japan will be launching five limited edition bottles with different designs:
- The first one is the Hokkaido Bottle (北海道ボトル) which features the popular landmarks Sapporo Clock Tower (札幌時計台), Sapporo TV Tower (さっぽろテレビ塔), Hakodate’s Goryokaku Tower (五稜郭タワー), and the statue of Dr. William Smith Clark.
- The next one is the Tokyo Bottle (東京ボトル) which features the Rainbow Bridge (レインボーブリッジ), Shinjuku (新宿) high-rises, and the Tokyo Tower (東京タワー). This will be sold in the regional and central area of Tokyo for a limited time.
- Another is the Kyoto Bottle (京都ボトル) which features the Kyoto Mountain, Gozan Okuribi (五山送り火), and Daimonji-yama (大文字山). This will be sold in the Kansai (関西) region for a limited time.
- Next is the Setouchi Bottle (瀬戸内ボトル) which features the famous floating torii (鳥居) gate and the Great Seto Bridge (瀬戸大橋). This will be sold in the Shikoku (四国) and Chugoku (中国) regions for a limited time.
- The last one is the Kumamoto Bottle (熊本ボトル) which features the Kumamoto Castle (熊本城). This will only be sold in Kyushu (九州).
These bottles will be available for purchase from June 19, 2017 (first two designs) and from July 17, 2017 (last three designs) until stocks last.
If you’re visiting Japan during these days for your summer vacation, don’t forget to grab one of these bottles which can be found in convenience stores, supermarkets, and souvenir shops. Take note that these new limited edition bottles will only be available for purchase until stocks last, so hurry!
・98 Things to Do in Shinjuku, the Party District of Tokyo, in 2018!